CONTACT US FOR EXPERT ADVICE ON SOLVENT FILTRATION.
Solvents are widely used in manufacturing and cleaning processes e.g. pharmaceutical, cosmetics, paints, inks, degreasing, chemical manufacturing etc. and filtration is frequently used for particulate removal, polishing and regeneration. Solvents are usually hazardous and designing a filtration system for filtering solvents requires careful consideration. When designing or specifying filters for solvent applications, we take the following factors into account:
Micron rating and degree of filtration required, hygienic or industrial application, single use or multi pass, batch or continuous.
Flash point, vapour pressure and fluid state of solvents are carefully assessed before making a selection.
We use solvent data to establish correct fluid groups and categories for PED compliance. All filter housings are fully compliant with Pressure Equipment Directive.
We check material compatibilities of all wetted parts to ensure that offered materials will retain their physical properties during operation. Our standard material of construction for filter housings is Stainless Steel which is compatible with a wide range of solvents. Filter elements and bags are available in a range of polymers and Stainless Steel. In addition, we can also supply fluoropolymer lined vessels for aggressive media and 100% PTFE elements and bags.
PRODUCTS FOR SOLVENT FILTRATION
– Bag filter housings and filter bags – 304SS, 316SS, PP, Polyester, Nylon, Fluoropolymer
– Inline single and multi-cartridge filter housings and elements – 304SS, 316SS, PP, Polyester, Nylon, Fluoropolymer
– Hygienic filtration range for pharmaceutical applications.
– Inline Basket filters for coarse or prefiltration
FLOW RATES AND MICRON RATINGS
Filters are available for flow rates ranging from less than 1L to several hundred litres per hour for fine and course filtration.
COMMONLY USED SOLVENTS
Our filtration products can be used for filtering the following solvents, solvent mixtures and many others
Cleaning and degreasing solutions
Paint and ink removers
Methyl Ethyl Ketone or Butanone
OUR CUSTOMERS WORK WITH US BECAUSE
- We can advise on all stages of filtration projects from running trials to filter selection, sizing and delivery.
- Over ten years experience in designing and selecting filtration equipment.
- Comprehensive range of filtration products allows us to select the best filter for your application.
- All filtration products comply fully with latest regulations and pressure vessel design codes.